ExamOne Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
For a list of office closings as a result of COVID-19, please visit this page.
Important information for consumers
As a healthcare company that touches the lives of nearly 150 million patients each year, we have rigorous safety procedures in place across our company to protect Quest and ExamOne employees and others on the front line from coming in contact with a wide range of infectious diseases. In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have taken additional measures to bolster preparedness, including creating a special response team along with new materials and training and employee travel restrictions.
Our collection network will proceed with life insurance examinations and other mobile phlebotomy collections, using the same protocol as they do today which is handling every specimen with standard biohazard safety precautions as well as follow additional precautions as outlined below.
- ExamOne does not currently collect or transport specimens from persons under investigation for COVID-19 or with confirmed COVID-19 at our Patient Service Centers or mobile phlebotomy collection network.
- We care about your health and in light of the concern about the coronavirus in this country, before scheduling your life insurance exam, you will be asked the below questions. If you answer yes to any of the questions you will be instructed to delay scheduling the appointment for 14 days from diagnosis, contact or date of travel, and advised to contact your insurance company.
- In the last 14 days have you exhibited signs of fever or respiratory distress, or had close contact with someone who has?
- In the last 14 days have you traveled to any Restricted Travel Area or taken a cruise, or had close contact with an individual who has?
- You can find a list of restricted travel locations here: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
- The CDC provides information on COVID-19 at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov.
- Additional information regarding Quest Diagnostics response to COVID-19 can be found at: https://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/Covid-19/
Q. What have you communicated to your examiners regarding safety precautions?
A. We have proactively communicated to all our employees, including examiners, to take necessary precautions to help protect themselves from COVID-19. Tips include:
- Washing hands with soap and water, and often
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
Q. Will your examiners be wearing masks during appointments?
A. Yes. All examiners will be required to wear facial protection that protects eyes, nose and mouth.
Q. What are examiners required to wear during appointments?
A. All examiners performing life insurance exams are required to use the following for life insurance exams:
- Examiners are required to wear gloves.
- Examiners are required to wear long sleeves, long pants, closed-toe shoes or scrubs.
- Examiners are required to wear facial protection that protects eyes, nose and mouth (faceguards/shields).
Q. Is it safe to go to a Quest patient service center for other testing services not related to COVID-19?
A. Yes. We have rigorous safety procedures in place across our company to protect Quest patients and employees from coming in contact with infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
In light of the COVID-19 public health emergency, we have taken additional measures to bolster preparedness. These precautions include frequent disinfecting of all surfaces, frequent hand washing, and creating a special response team along with special training for employees. Additionally, patients who suspect they have COVID-19 are being directed to contact their doctor and not come to Quest Patient Service Centers.