ExamOne Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Important information for exam participants
Safety is a top priority for ExamOne. We have rigorous procedures to protect individuals, consumers, and our employees. Mask wearing is recommended and may be required by state/local mandates in healthcare settings. Our health professionals adhere to safety protocols to help ensure a comfortable, convenient, and safe experience for everyone.
Q: What have you communicated to your examiners regarding safety precautions?
A: We have proactively communicated to all our employees, including examiners, to take necessary precautions to help protect themselves from COVID-19. Tips include:
- Washing hands with soap and water, and often
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
Q: What are examiners required to wear during appointments?
A: Safety is a top priority for ExamOne. We have rigorous procedures to protect individuals, consumers, and our employees. Examiners performing life insurance exams use the following:
- Examiners are required to wear gloves during the draw.
- Examiners are required to wear long sleeves, long pants (or scrubs), and closed-toe shoes.
- Examiners and/or individuals may choose to wear a mask during the appointment. Masks may be required at times by state and local authorities.
Q: Is it safe to go to a Quest patient service center for other testing services not related to COVID-19?
A: Yes. We have rigorous safety procedures in place across our company to protect Quest patients and employees from coming in contact with infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
We have taken additional measures to bolster preparedness. These precautions include frequent disinfecting of all surfaces, frequent hand washing, and creating a special response team along with special training for employees.